Boost your theater’s box office and financial performance using the Collective’s commercial expertise.
Chicago Commercial Collective may be hired as General Manager (GM) to render conscientiously all of the services customarily rendered by GM in the industry, including:
- administering all routine financial matters with respect to the production of the Play (including the preparation of the production budget and weekly operating budget, the securing of necessary insurance, and the supervision of the box office);
- supervising the production’s accountant and the preparation of weekly operating statements, which will include itemized accounting of all production expenses;
- supervising the promotional activities of the press agent and advertising agency in coordination with and subject to prior approval of Producer;
- negotiating contracts for the rental of the theatre and any and all other contracts or agreements that may be necessary for the production of the Play, i.e. Actor’s Equity Association; and
- maintaining all necessary records and files of the activities of the production of the Play, all of which shall be turned over to the Producer at the close of the production.
Chicago Commercial Collective may be hired to provide Production Management (PM) to render conscientiously all of the services customarily rendered by PM in the industry, including:
- overseeing the cost effectiveness and planning of the entire production process;
- organizing production meetings, rehearsals and performances;
- managing weekly payroll;
- managing day to day functioning for show;
- coordinating the various production departments; and
- hiring and supervision of crew
- Review and adjust producer’s budget to round out needs;
- Attend all Production Meetings and weekly General Management meetings;
- Provide a timeline and checklist for completion of necessary tasks; and
- Assist with contracting all necessary staff and artists.
- As a consultant, Chicago Commercial Collective will not be responsible for generating any paperwork or reporting.
Investor Package Development
- Guide investment outreach (including legal and accounting needs); and
- Develop investor packages.
Front of House Staffing
Chicago Commercial Collective may be hired to coordinate and oversee Front of House needs.
Chicago Commercial Collective’s Box Office Manager will be responsible for developing the initial ticketing set-up, which includes:
- creating seating charts within ticketing software;
- setting all performances in ticketing software to go on sale in a timely manner;
- setting-up payout methods and reporting; and
- coordinating with website manager to ensure patron satisfaction.
Once ticket sales have begun, the Box Office Manager will be responsible for:
- sending daily box office reports for future sales (tracking goals set by General Manager);
- reconciling box office reports; and sending a box office report with final numbers after each performance.
Chicago Commercial Collective’s House Manager will be responsible for:
- working with the Stage Manager and Box Office to ensure a satisfying patron experience;
- managing ushers; and
- providing an end of night report to Producer, General Manager and Stage Management.